Question Details
Sebaceous Adenitis And Atopic Dermatitis
by DrSusanP - May 27, 2009
Hi Steve
The forum is great!
Wanted to say thanks for your work and report on a success!
12 months ago was presented with a 4 and 1/2 year old n/m maltese X shi tsu with a 4 year history of skin( diagnosed by dermatologist interstate, treated with c/s and cyclosporin.)Also KCS, grade 1 medially luxating patellas and back pain. He was totally covered with thick brown scale, couldnt open his eyes, and totally miserable. I followed the diagram in your notes. We started on Qing ying tang , probiotics and diet change. Then after a month in which he improved markedly changed to Si wu xiao feng yin( i took the deficiency path as he had a pale nose,was timid and lavender tongue) Wrong..purulent erythema inner legs and anal sacculitis within a week. So back to Qing ying tang for 2 more months, then chu shi wei ling tang. By 4 months he looked like a normal dog! Still palpable lesions.As the weather warmed up we started san ren tang and today 12 months after starting treatment he was totally scurf free, just slight scaliness inside pinna. He was still timid and tongue was lavender, nose depigmented so have opted to try to treat the blood deficiency again with Yi guan jian. Thanks again for putting this approach forward.
Susan
Replies
by naturevet
May 27, 2009
Wow, congratulations and way to hang in there! I swore if I could just find something other than prednisone to treat skin problems, any time and money invested in learning alternative medicine was justified. As it turned out, we can do so much more, but the skin successes are always among the more gratifying. I'm sure without your intervention, the dog would have had to be put to sleep, given how bad things were. Congratulations on saving a life!

Steve
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply