Question Details
Hepatic Spindle Cell Sarcoma
by allpetsvet1 - June 18, 2009
Hi Steve, I have a 6 yr old black lab who had a liver lobectomy on 5/23. the lobe had ruptured causing a septic peritonitis. Histopath came back as poorly differentiated spindle cell sarcoma through the entire lobe. no biopsy of other lobes was performed. The client wants to pursue only alternative txs at this time. I have the dog on a chicken and vegetable diet with vitamin supplements, garlic and curcumin. We are giving hepatosupport which is a milk thistle formulation. I started hoxsey 30c one pill twice daily and did a 2 wk course of xiao chi hu. I have now started jin tang stasis breaker formula (fritillaria,ostrea,sparaganium,zeodary,scutellaria,oldenlandia)while continuing the hoxsey. I was considering free and easy wanderer for costrained liver qi. I was wondering what you think of this plan. we are planning to start acupuncture on a weekly basis.
Replies
by naturevet
June 18, 2009
If it were me I would continue XCHT. I believe it is an enabler or activator of other anti-neoplastic formulas. My favorite liver neoplasia formula is Ge Xia Zhu Yu Tang. If you wanted to add it in to this rather extensive protocol, you could, without creating interference. In general, it would appear you're very much on the right track, at least in my book. Good luck!

Steve
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply