Question Details
Weak Cat- Global Deficiency With TB Obstruction?
by citydvm - August 20, 2009
10 year old cat with weight loss, inappettence,weakness,head hanging down, tongue pale, with malodorous thick saliva, bloodwork- moderate azotemia , pulse weak, thin, easily compressible,radiates heat from Bl-18-19, Bl-22 & 23, GB 25,26, GB-34 and GB-29-30, needled Bl-23, GB34,GB 25, GB 29 pts, improved pulse(stronger and firmer). Please help with Rx.
thanks very much.
Replies
by naturevet
August 20, 2009
I guess I would go with a combination approach here of BWDHW (Rehmannia Eight) and Xiao Chai Hu Tang (Minor Bupleurum), given the mixed prescription that aided the cat. From a western medical perspective, I'd interpret this as a subacute to chronic nephritis case, requiring a very balanced effect on renal blood flow to resolve it.

Any issues with potassium? I've seen hypokalemic cats hang their heads like that.

Steve
by citydvm
August 20, 2009
Thanks for your reply Steve.
No- the potassium on this girl was normal- how would you dose the 2 herbal formulas you mentioned? also what frequentcy?
thanks again.
Voltaire
by naturevet
August 20, 2009
Hi again,

If using our granules, I suggest 1/8 to 1/4 tsp BID of each formula. Technically, for other companies, you'd need to double that dose, as our products tend to be twice as strong.

If using liquid medications (from K'an), try about 0.4 ml BID of each formula.

Good luck!

Steve
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply