Question Details
Bladder Tumor
by JULIE SCHELL - August 26, 2009
Hello! A cat patient has Blood Lin and Qi Lin signs- and on ultrasound I see bladder mass. I collected sample for cyt0logy and am awaiting results. I see that Naturopath doesn't have Shao Fu Zhu Yu Tang formula . What is a good alternative? Or, perhaps you could prepare and then send us some? Thank you! Julie
Replies
by naturevet
August 26, 2009
Hi Julie,

We do make and supply the formula - no problem there. If the points and history suggest a chilly animal where, say, the main complaint was incontinence, then SFZYT is a good call. So, for example, if you tonified a warming point like ST 36 and the pulse improved, that would be enough to try it.

K'an makes a liquid version of one we use for hot animals, called Pang Guang Zhu Yu Tang. I believe we have made that in powder form for people as well. If heat signs are very prominent, you can use this.

For marginal heat signs, we can add Hua Shi to SFZYT. Another option is to try SFZYT plus SMS.

Other formulas that have worked in certain animals: Bu Zhong Yi Qi Tang and one called Gui Zhi Jia Long Gu Mu Li Tang.

Our most recent success was with SFZYT.

Good luck!

Steve
by JULIE SCHELL
August 26, 2009
Thank you Steve! I was thinking of starting him on San Ren Tang until the Shao Fu Zhu Yu Tang arrives. He does act a little cold at home (likes cuddling with his owner)so I feel Shao Fu Zhu Yu Tang would work awesome. We're also changing to low carb diet (home made). He was eating Friskies before. I put him on some metacam as well due to his pain. Thank you very much! Julie
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply