Question Details
Now Running Too Hot In A Dog
by maggie - December 12, 2014    View Case Report
Hi Steve
This should be the correct box for my question

Have about a 9 yr old lab that has been on a number of herbs and supplements..mostly for arthritis and Shen. Here is the list
Co q10, hindqtr weakness, Shen calmer (helps), pet tab,ofas, body sore( helps) ,coix
formula, rimadyl only occasionally.

O describes recent ( past month) all at night
Lip smacking, sighing, panting,restlessness and getting o up to let him out b/w 130-3 am, eating more grass

I figured the coix/yi yi ren tang should be removed from the above that he has been on. I also suspect he is developing some Shao yang disturbance
Should I eliminate hindqtr too?

Maggie
Replies
by naturevet
December 24, 2014
Hi Maggie,

The timing of this incident is a bit late for a Shao Yang issue. I suspect the dog may have a Jue Yin excess. This is where Yang cannot internalize due to overly pressurized/compressed Yin. Animals (and people) suddenly wake about that time, sometimes with acid regurgitation, and can have trouble getting back to sleep until after 4 am. Sighing is a sign of Liver excess (of which Jue Yin excess is essentially an example). Nausea is common in these patients, and may be causing the consumption of grass.

The treatment is a formula called Wu Mei Wan. You should be able source that through Mona Boudreaux at atthherbs@aol.com

Steve
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply