Question Details
Cutaneous Epitheliotropic Lymphosarcoma In A Dog
by Fernandez Elizabeth - January 2, 2015    View Case Report
I just spoke to a client of mine who's dog was just diagnosed with cutaneous Lymphosarcoma. I have not seen the dog yet but in general she has a history of damp heat skin & GI issues. (Golden Retriever) In Dr. Marsden's new book he suggests 4 marvels + Hoxey like formula. In lecture notes from AAHVA Reno 2008 he spoke of using XFZYT. Seems like the first two would be appropriate if damp heat/stagnation is the underlying issue? Is the XFZYT needed or recommended ? What would make you choose it over the first two?? (obviously diet is a biggie too)
Thank you
Replies
by bannink
January 2, 2015
I'll let Steve respond with details to your question, but wanted to offer an anecdote. I had a dramatic remission with Si Miao San which lasted many months in a patient with Epitheliotrophic lymphoma (mycosis fungoides) whose disease was resistant to prednisone and chemotherapy. This patient was also a Damp Heat presentation (with respect to the lesions) with significant Spleen Qi deficiency signs. XFZYT would be a better option in a patient with a blood stasis presentation and underlying blood deficiency, in general.
by naturevet
January 6, 2015
Greetings! We had one case as well that responded to Chai Hu Jia Long Gu Mu Li Tang. It's action is sympathetic with Si Miao San and Hoxsey, and can thus be used with them. The anti-cancer impact will become much more broad in the process, so I'd recommend it.

If there are open sores, we've found that topical Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin granules mixed in a basic wound healing salve (e.g. Echinacea + Calendula) from a retail herb store work very well

Steve
by Fernandez Elizabeth
January 7, 2015
Thank you both. I will keep you posted.
by Fernandez Elizabeth
July 19, 2015
Rosie is still on Si Miao san. She was on limestone for about 2 months but was having very poor reaction to it so it was discontinued. She is stable as far as her GI and skin. She has a mass in the right rear leg that causes some lameness.
by naturevet
July 22, 2015
Thanks for the update Elizabeth. There were a few other formula suggestions if you're concerned about any lack of progress.

When you read this reply, can you also just update the case itself? Click 'View Case Report' above, then 'edit', then select the type of recheck you'd like to use (dates vs. days). You'll then be able to enter your recheck as at July 20, where you note what you're using and her status (improved or not).

Let me know if you get stuck and thanks for contributing this case!

Steve
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply