Question Details
Bimonthly Seizures With A Cyst
by
Hi Steve, me again!
I am treating a 8 yr MC Poodle for a seizure disorder, presumably related to a brain mass. The dog had an MRI 2 years ago, and they discovered a well circumscribed midline brain mass between the lateral ventricles. I have treated the seizures with TMGTY, BXBZTMT and Stasis in the Mansion of Mind (Jing Tang formulas for brain tumors) for 2 years, most recently XYS for a bout of pancreatitis, and there has been no change in the character of the mass. The neurologists do not know exactly what it is.
If I do not do AP on this dog, he has seizures every 2 months almost to the day. Do you know of any cycles or pattern rhytyms to explain the two month regularity of the seizures?
Replies
by naturevet
August 29, 2009
Most seizures seem to manifest as a periodic 'venting'. They are classically thought of as a periodic discharge of excessively compressed Jue Yin energy, or internal Winds. From my perspective, there are many other organs that may be involved besides the Jue Yin organs (i.e. Liver).

For brain tumors, I see them most often as a Triple Burner obstruction with Yang entrapment in the upper burner. My favourite formula for them is Chai Hu Jia Long Gu Mu Li Tang.

Hope that helps,

Steve
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply