Question Details
Urinary Incontinence
by
Good afternoon,

I am a veterinary practioner in Toronto, Ontario. I recently attended a lecture during which the speaker recommended your products.

My patient is a very old 60 pound pointer with multiple health concerns. Urinary incontinence is the owner’s primary concern and I need your advice on which of your herbal mixtures you would recommend we try.

I have Si Miao San and Ba Wei Di Huang as 2 of your commonly used formulas. Both are listed as possible aids for incontinence.

Can you be of assistance? If so, how would I order at least a month supply for this 60 pound dog?

Thank you in advance.

Replies
by naturevet
February 22, 2009
Sorry I couldn't reply to your email right away. I just got back in town from doing some lecturing in San Diego.

If the dog is very old, I'd probably start with the Rehmannia Eight. It does help dogs more effectively concentrate urine, and can improve cognition enough to reduce urination during sleep. There are other formulas that are more focused on relieving urinary incontinence, but it would probably be a good start.

The Si Miao San would be a better choice if there appeared to be an obvious inflammatory component to things, with the dog essentially experiencing urinary incontinence.

Acupuncture and chiropractic can help a lot, too, if you have access to those modalities anywhere. Best of luck!

Steve Marsden
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply