Question Details
Mast Cell Tumor In A Dog
by WandaV - September 25, 2017    View Case Report
Logan is an 8 year old Golden Retriever who has had 2 mast cell tumors removed, one in April and another (new) one in August. I started him on Xue Fu Zhu Yu Tang, Vitamin A and D and medicinal mushroom extracts in the spring, but he appeared to react with inflamed ears and feet so his guardian took him off the supplements and his skin calmed down. We decided to try again after the second mast cell tumour, starting one thing at a time. This time we confirmed that he reacted to the Xue Fu. He is on the Vitamin A and D and the medicinal mushrooms. My question is: is there an alternative herb formula that might help Logan with his Blood Stagnation and mast cell tumours. He has had some skin issues in the past that have looked like Damp Heat and he has responded to Si Miao San for these. Tongue is large, moist, dusky pink with no coating and pulses are quite full and toned.
Replies
by naturevet
September 29, 2017
Hi Wanda,

You may want to just stick with Si Miao San and Hoxsey. The 'reaction' to XFZYT is really just a vascular incompatibility. Because it pushes the blood supply to the skin, a dog with subclinical subacute to acute skin inflammation tendencies will flare up on it, whereas a very chronic skin problem (that by definition has too poor a blood supply) won't.

So, taking the lead from the dog (and the full pulse), you need an anti-cancer protocol that happens to pull blood away from the skin. That makes me think of Hoxsey and SMS together. I'd give them a try. Hoxsey is a good moving formula, so it can be used in cases with some Stasis in the tongue like this one.

Let us know how it goes!

Steve
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply