Question Details
Megaesophagus In A Dog
by mnewk - February 9, 2021    View Case Report
Chief is a 3 year old Boston bulldog. Presented to us 1/19 with confirmed megaesophagus and on cisapride , special feeding etc.
We muscle tested, found out Corona virus vaccine had impacted the esophagus and the vagus nerve. Over two months we cleared all of this with NAET and got him off his meds and eating normal
Since then every few months he relapses, although never as severe as iniially and some NAET clears him up
Question. today via muscle testing I found excess Yang in the esophagus and decreased Yin in spleen. I am not TCVM or accupunturist. Can't read tongue and pulse. tried looking up a formula in Dr Marseden book but can't find. Did NAET on both organs. thinking has a spleen imbalance caused the recurances??? Formula? Does this make any sense? thanks
Replies
by naturevet
February 10, 2021
Hi Mark

From my perspective, these cases are either Shao Yang disharmonies, calling for Minor Bupleurum; or Phlegm accumulations, calling for Bao He Wan (or sometimes San Ren Tang). I guess if you're using muscle testing to evaluate things, consider those three formulas. I've had success with them all.

Minor Bupleurum cases may have strong deep pulses and a history of related problems, like cruciate tears and hip dysplasia

Phlegm cases calling for Bao He Wan often have a huge amount of Phlegm at the back of their throats

San Ren Tang cases have Phlegm as well. The tongue is often purple and the pulse toned. It can be used with Xiao Chai Hu Tang (Minor Bupleurum) to hedge your bets.

Phlegm cases imply the diet is the issue, calling for raw or homemade low carb diets

Shao Yang cases do well with real food diets and added fermentable starch and soluble fiber

Hopefully that is enough information to make a decision

Steve
by mnewk
February 11, 2021
Thanks Doc!!! you're the best!
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply