Question Details
Tetraparesis
by bfellis - February 18, 2021    View Case Report
Patient responded well to EAP and VSMT with Xiao Chai Hu Tang w/ Qin Jiao. Cold seems to aggravate symptoms, would adding Xiao Huo Luo Dan be appropriate? If so, dose seperatly or add to XCH w QJ?
Replies
by naturevet
February 18, 2021
Hi Brett

I don't know where your data went, but I took your question and turned it into a forum question for you.

You can add Xiao Huo Luo Dan if you like. It is compatible with XCHT

If this just happened, and if the dog is tetraparetic, then I assume there is a cervical lesion. For spinal cord injuries happening at this time of year, Du Huo Ji Sheng Tang is a good choice. The patient can sometimes show a response to XCHT if the cord lesion was deep, but now if they are not improving further, then addressing the Tai Yang layer through something like DHJST can be a good next step. IT can be used with XCHT.

Alternatively, to treat both the Tai Yang and the Shao Yang with the same formula, add 12g of Gui Zhi and 15g of Bai Shao to 100g of Xiao Chai Hu Tang granules

All of these strategies make sense for a patient worse with cold. If there is more information you want to impart, just do it in the form of a reply to this question and I will get it.

Steve
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply