Question Details
Irritability In A Dog
by Dreudog - March 1, 2021    View Case Report
Hi Steve and group,

This dog is a 10 yr old mini Aussie. History of asthma w/ symptoms resolved on removing candles/ess. oils/carpet powders from house + Liu jun zi tang. He also has pruritus (^ spring and summer), shyness and noise sensitivity, anxiety. Tongue pink and moist, pulse tends to run deeper and more feeble. He is shy for exam.

I started him on CHJLGMLT 10 months ago for his anxiety, which was improved. He was off LJZT at that time. In the last ~ 2 months, he has become more nippy w/ kids, guarding mom, irritable. We stopped CJHLGMLT, and he was definitely worse. Have restarted (better) , so now I'm trying to decide whether to tweak the CHJ w/ a blood tonifier , or add something like JWXYS (opposite hemodynamics to CHJ?) or go to another triple burner herb like XCHT + SWT?

Thanks !

Cathy L
Replies
by naturevet
March 4, 2021
Probably all of those may work, Cathy. You don't even need my help!

If it were me, I'd be tempted to try Chai Hu Si Wu Tang. If you stick with CHJLGMLT, then I would add in Yi Guan Jian. The two seem to work well together.

As you said, XYS may be too mobilizing, when his Yang clearly needs internalizing, given the response to CHJLGMLT.

Steve
by Dreudog
March 4, 2021
Will try the CHSWT; thnx Steve!
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply