Question Details
"Joey" Hill
by Dreudog - April 9, 2021    View Case Report
Hi Steve and group,

I entered this cat's case , but did not see a way to post to the forum.... will ask you to review!

Thnx,

Cathy
Replies
by naturevet
April 10, 2021
Hi Cathy,

If BWDHW is not in use, but seemed helpful in managing the azotemia earlier, then given the response to Si Miao San for his stomatitis, I'd suggest trying Zhi Bai Di Huang Wan. It essentially merges the two formulas and can be used with San Ren Tang, if that is still in use. It directly supports the bone marrow's production of RBCs.

I take it that the response to SRT was followed up on, diet-wise, and that the cat is now on a real food diet? If not, then at least a freeze-dried diet should be contemplated to help stop the progression of disease and help more fully resolve recurrent and lingering symptoms.

Steve
by Dreudog
April 12, 2021
Steve,

The cat is on both SRT and BWDHW ( the CC sight only allows entry of one herb, I think). He has such persistent damp signs w/ stubborn weight, mild seborrhea, the stomatitis...... I had not thought of ZBDHW. Had forgotten it was a bone marrow stimulant.

We did try freeze- dried diet a while back (and raw cooked); he declined a couple flavors .... but I will ask the owner to try again.

??
by naturevet
April 26, 2021
Hi Cathy,

I don't see any updates after our discussion above. If you have a question regarding Joey and how he responded to ZBDHW, please post it using this thread

Steve
by Dreudog
April 27, 2021
Sorry, my wording was not clear.

He has so many damp signs as above, I just can't see ZBDHW and assume it'll worsen his dampness. So, have not tried yet.

Wondering if it still seems in order knowing this?
by naturevet
April 27, 2021
ZBDHW does address Damp Heat coinciding with Kidney Yin deficiency, so I think it is worth a try given the rest of the case. If you tried BWDHW, ZBDHW is less Dampening

S
by Dreudog
April 27, 2021
Ah, I think of ZBDHW as the skinny, dry, PU/PD cat and BWDHW fitting more damp signs, cold, etc.

Will try the ZBDHW,

Thnx. :)
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply