Question Details
Unsteady In A Dog
by pindvm - April 14, 2021    View Case Report
Momo is a 14y old FS Sheba Inu. She has a good appetite, eats well, freeze dried raw beef or fish. She lost her eyesight in L to glaucoma and retinal degeneration. She is on prednisolone acetate 1%, Latanoprost.005% and dorzolamide HCL 22.3mg/mo all ophthalmic. Eye pressures are stable but ophthalmologist increases prednisone in her R due to increases scleral injection and worsening scleral injection. Lately her skin has gotten very dry with mod scale, and she is having more Tremoring. She is fairly reactive and paces a lot but is heat intolerant. Some walks are quick but others very slow. They don’t go when it is hot. Owner is worried she may fall climbing to preferred couch. She has a stiff gate and usually needs mild adjustment. I think she is Blood deficient. My problem is she is allergic to Rehmannia. Every time I have tried she vomits it within minutes. Right now I have her on Xiao Yao San and Xiao Chi Hu. It doesn’t seem to be helping. Can you recommend a Blood/Ki Yin tonic without Rehmannia?
Replies
by naturevet
April 15, 2021
Hi there,

I'm curious whether Tian Ma Gou Teng Yin would help the intraocular pressures, tremors and reactivity. It has not Rehmannia in it. Any success with it would tell us we should redouble our efforts to tonify Yin without using Rehmannia. Maybe give it a try first so we know we are on the right track?

Steve
by pindvm
May 5, 2021
TMGTY seems to be helping. They have only been on 5 days but sleeping and settling better. Seems more calm and able to focus. Tongue still red, pulses tight and fast. Will decrease then stop BHK. Continuing Xiao Yao San and TMGTY. O will check in in two weeks.
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply