Question Details
Cutaneous Lymphocytosis In A Cat
by pdragos - August 19, 2021    View Case Report
I have a 16 yo male neutered cat that I have been seeing for Chronic Renal Failure and anorexia that developed a superficial dermal 3 cm in diameter lesion consisting of a cluster of dry, slightly raised scales on the lateral thorax near the axilla. The scales are slightly raised and about 3-4 mm in diameter. It’s been there for months. The cat doesn’t seem to notice the lesion. The cat has a picky appetite and trouble maintaining his weight. He has lumbar pain and tends to get constipated. He is a wood constitution. His tongue is pink. His pulse is always deep, good tone and width. A biopsy came back as cutaneous lymphocytosis, but couldn’t rule out cutaneous lymphoma. From what I read in the literature, this lesion fits cutaneous lymphocytosis, but it can be a precursor to cutaneous lymphoma and is treated similarly or the same allopathically. I have been doing some Lacer light therapy on the lesion, acupuncture, and herbs like Ba Wei Di Huang Wan, Liu Jun Zi Tang, San Ren Tang, Yi Guan Jian, and Xiao Chai Hu Jia Qin Jiao Tang at various times depending on the issues. The pet owner is not interested in steroids and chemo that the dermatologist recommended. I am looking for herbal options orally and topically for this cat. Thank you in advance for your advice.
Replies
by naturevet
August 19, 2021
Hi there,

I had one similar case that resolved on Qing Ying Tang that had been present for years. The deep, strong, toned pulse is typical for a QYT case

If it helps, take stock of whatever else is then going on, so we can address it in a follow up formula. It's possible QYT can help with some of these other symptoms, too

Steve
by pdragos
August 24, 2021
Thank you!!!
by pdragos
September 10, 2021
Biggsy took one 1/2 dose of Qing Ying Tang and started projectile vomiting for several days. I guess he told me that this was not a good fit! I think the formula may have been too cooling for his ST. He is doing better now. He lost a few ounces, but he is eating and the vomiting has subsided. My plan is to try Jia Wei Xue Fu Zhu Yu Tang when he is feeling 100% back to normal.
by naturevet
September 12, 2021
Yikes! Good idea you just went with half a dose.

Hopefully all goes well with the mXFZYT

Steve
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply