Question Details
Partial Brachial Plexus Avulsion
by kderfuss - October 14, 2021
Good afternoon,
"Cassie" is a 4 year old lab was HBC in July, partial brachial plexus avulsion. Have been doing electro-acu with a variety of points since 7/22, dog has pediatric stem cells banked so we did an IV infusion on 7/22, started on Tendon Ligament formula to support them. I am struggling with which herbal to choose for her. She is BAR, can lift the leg from shoulder, does not drag foot and not chewing on leg. Her pulses have felt fairly moderate to me, not wiry / deep / thin, tongue pink. She is in excellent spirits and runs every day.
I appreciate your thoughts!
Karin Derfuss
Replies
by naturevet
October 15, 2021
Hi there

You could look at St. John's Wort. It's original use was for nerve damage. It's my favourite for cats that are in pain after declawing, to resolve the pain

As well, any nerve injury probably calls for at least a trial of Xiao Chai Hu Tang (Minor Bupleurum).

Lastly, homeopathic Arnica (for trauma) and Plumbum (for single limb paresis) are worth a look. At least try Arnica. I'd get 30C and use it three times a day for a week or two. You can find both a Whole Foods and stores like it

Hope that helps!

Steve
by kderfuss
October 16, 2021
Thank you Steve, I will try all. Owner very willing to do whatever I recommend.
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply