Question Details
Conventional Medicine Energetics
by imafoxyladi42 - December 29, 2021
Can someone map out the energetics of some of the basic conventional meds for me? Such as antibiotics, steroids, thyroid meds, heart meds, etc. For some reason I can wrap my head around herbs being cooling/warming/drying/moisturizing but I cannot for the life of me wrap my head around conventional meds and I get them mixed up energetically all the time. Thanks!!
Replies
by naturevet
January 2, 2022
Here are some rough guidelines for you:

• Bitter tasting substances generally clear Heat, like antibiotics, chemotherapeutics, digoxin, etc.

• Spicy acrid substances often move. If you've ever tasted Advil, you may have been surprised by its acridity. A problem that responds to NSAIDs is thus often a Blood Stasis condition

• Steroidal molecules are moisturizing tonics that add Yin and are potentially Dampening in excess. Steroids and Stilbestrol are examples. Because pred tastes bitter, it clears Heat to a point, until given in excess, in which case Dampness is elaborated. Dampness then often progresses to Damp Heat. An itchy dog that just needs 5mg of pred a week to be comfortable is thus Yin deficient, with the pred acting to tonify its Yin (more specifically, Blood) and clearing Deficiency Heat

• Diuretics generally drain Damp

• Compounds derived from amino acids are tonifying and warming, such as thyroid hormone

• Sour tasting organic acids address Blood and Yin deficiency by gathering and containing fluids, such as glycopyrrolate for stomach ulcers (usually caused by Blood deficiency), drooling and excess sweating

• Neutral tasting compounds like B12 are tonics

In short, you can figure out what a drug does for yourself by knowing what it treats and what it tastes like on your tongue

Hope that helps!

Steve
by imafoxyladi42
January 2, 2022
Thanks Steve! That is a great resource. I can usually figure it out but Steroids always confuse me somehow.

Lisa
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply