Question Details
Xiao Chai Hu For Degenerative Myelopathy
by bfellis - May 17, 2023
I recently listened to a vet rehab podcast where you were speaking of treating DM cases with a modified XCH formula , available through your Canadian herb company. Is this different from Natural Path or Kahn herb formulas?

Thank you,

Brett
Replies
by naturevet
May 18, 2023
Hi Brett! This is a revised version of XCHT, specifically for DM. You can source it here: source it here

Vets can buy at a wholesale discount. You just need to email them at info@goldstandardherbs.com to get yourself set up if you're interested!

Steve
by bfellis
May 18, 2023
Nice! Thank you! Is it the Dà Chái Hú Tang formula in Chen and Beebee text? Or is yours modified from that? It’s really interesting reading their description of the aforementioned herbal and how it fits into the DM diagnosis, pathology and treatment on your CIVT podcast. A good one for all to listen!! Really learning a lot from those webinars!! Thanks for making those available. A great tool for busy practitioners..I even listen while mowing the yard. It’s pretty satisfying to learn while you’re actually getting shit done at home.

Cheers,

Brett
by bfellis
May 18, 2023
And is this the formula to go to at first and always or just with pancreatitis? Do you still use XCH and XHLD together initially..if signs and symptoms agree? Or does the DM formula cover the bases with respect to herbal treatment? Like, when do you use DM formula versus XCH /XHLD ?
by naturevet
May 19, 2023
This DM formula is meant to cover bases, so I use it alone. I don't use DCHT. I'm looking into what formula might enhance it, but it's been working well all by itself
by bfellis
May 19, 2023
Excellent!
by bfellis
May 22, 2023
Another point I wasn’t clear on was treating with laser so as not to induce NO2? You said pain trauma dose, is that higher than 10J/cm2? I have used 50J/cm2 for DM dogs from T3-L3. And felt like my response was better than at the anti inflammatory 10J/cm2. How does NO2 make DM symptoms worse? No Assisi loop use on these cases as well?
by naturevet
May 23, 2023
Hi Brett,

Assissi loops may be okay, since there's evidence that PEMF can reduce glutamate in the cord. High Joules per sq cm are more likely to help, say above 30. So go with your 50 J treatment.

I talk this fall at the AHVMA about why endothelial nitric oxide may be harmful for these guys once there is cord damage. I sent you the notes to look at ahead of time by email

Steve
by bfellisdvm
May 24, 2023
Excellent!! Thank you. I think my 4 trips to Vermont this summer will prohibit a trip to California for AHVMA. But hopefully will get some nuggets of knowledge in Vermont to fill the gaps.

Brett
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply