Question Details
Human Patient Consult
by vgdvm - July 31, 2023
Hi Dr. Marsden!

Do you still see human patients in your acupuncture clinic? Or do you offer telemedicine services?My mom is in her early sixties and has been dealing with hypertension that is not responsive to medication. We have been to see both conventional and integrative physicians that haven’t really dug deep for a root cause. We are willing to travel to Canada. Looking forward to your feedback.

Thank you!

Veronica
Replies
by naturevet
August 4, 2023
Hi Veronica,

Sorry for this delayed reply. I will be in San Diego for much of the fall. I don't really have an office, but if you come for a vacation, I can visit your mother once or twice.

My time is at a premium, though, so I have to charge $350 for the initial visit.

If all that sounds somewhat expensive, and your mother hasn't taken a lifestyle approach to her hypertension, she probably should, as it is the only enduring way to be medication-free. That often includes daily significant exercise and diet change. I get all my dietary advice from Dr. Michael Greger, who has made it his career to "digest" the mountain of nutritional research completed each year to draw practical conclusions. Here is his site. It's all free

Lastly, if stress management is needed (that the exercise doesn't handle) that can have a meaningful impact on blood pressure.

If all those ducks are in a row, but the hypertension is refractory, I can likely help if she comes to visit.

Steve
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply