Question Details
Nasal Arteritis In Dogs
by Hen4761@gmail.com - September 19, 2026
Hi Dr Steve,

Since my cases of Ear Margin Dermatosis respond so well to Galvanex, would dogs with Nasal Arteritis also respond well to Galvanex if possibly it is a lack of blood flow to the nasal philtrum?

Also do you know of a laboratory that we can sent samples to (urine, skin swabs etc) that will culture and perform sensitivity against certain herbs vs conventional antibiotics?

Thank you!

Heather Nickel
Replies
by naturevet
September 26, 2026
Hi Heather,

I have certainly tried treating those persistent nasal philtrum lesions with versions of Bu Zhong Yi Qi Tang (like Galvanex). I would probably add in as well Cessorex (i.e., Minor Bupleurum plus Si Wu Tang) because of the fact that there is likely an immune mediated component to the lesions.

As for your lab question, some will check sensitivity to berberine. That is all I've really seen, though. Start by checking your lab's capabilities.

Good luck!

Steve
by Hen4761@gmail.com
September 30, 2026
Thanks so much!
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply