Question Details
Vomiting Boxer
by clekx - December 21, 2009
Hi Steve,
Do you think wei ling tang would be helpful for my pup? He's 10 months old and has taken to vomiting early am, no food just juices. I've ruled out obstruction and metabolic disease and tried playing with his diet in case of allergy. He's currently on a home cooked diet and perfectly normal in every other way.
I'm not sure if I'm dealing with a motility disorder or hyper acidity, the only thing that helps is zantac at bedtime but I can't keep him on that. He's always had quite violent hiccups early in the morning and I've noticed that with Zantac he doesn't do that anymore.
He's my baby so any suggestions anyone has would be much appreciated, any recommendations on digestive enzymes? I tried ginger and he gets a small meal fairly late but it hasn't really helped.
Thank you and I hope everyone has a great Christmas.

Charoul
Replies
by naturevet
December 21, 2009
Hi Charoul,

My only other thought is to try Yi Guan Jian. It can work well where other anti-ulcer approaches work, like Zantac. I also hypothesized in a post yesterday how hiccups are probably more of a Blood deficiency-induced spasm than a problem with peristalsis. Blood deficiency is also the most common cause, in my experience, of the early morning nausea in dogs.

WLT can certainly be tried and is harmless, but if your other attempt to come at it from a peristalsis perspective using aromatic herbs (i.e. ginger) didn't work, then WLT might not either.

I hope that helps. One can never be truly happy if their baby is having trouble.

Steve

P.S. Not to besmirch or sully your pup's reputation, but has he been dewormed? It's obvious but I thought I'd ask, since our veterinary powers often wane for the animals closest to us.
by clekx
December 21, 2009
Thank you you're the best!
And little (or not so little) Oscar thanks you too.
We'll give it a try.

Charoul
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply