Question Details
Prostatic Carcinoma
by dfarrnaturalvet - January 10, 2010
I am treating a golden with prostatic carcinoma that has metastasized to bone. He is receiving aggressive Western medical treatment as well.

I remember at an herb lecture you mentioned a nutriceutical that had been quite effective at treating prostate cancer in men. I can't seem to find it in my notes. Do you remember talking about it and what it was?

Any other suggestions? Thanks,
Deirdre
Replies
by naturevet
January 10, 2010
Hi Deirdre,

Ge Xia Zhu Yu Tang is getting my vote these days for prostatic adenocarcinoma. I've also noted that it has a urethral dilating effect making it helpful in FUS as well as BPH in men. It's where I'd start.

The other option is to use Xiao Chai Hu Tang with it. There used to be a very helpful product for men for prostate cancer on the market called PC-SPES that the FDA yanked because it was convinced that if it worked so well, it must contain estrogen. It didn't, but it hasn't been re-released, because it's the object of intense study. One day you'll be able to buy it again as a drug for about a hundred times the original cost.

Okay, enough sarcasm, Steve. Enough to say that PC-SPES was modeled on Xiao CHai Hu Tang, which you would probably consider using anyway to enhance the efficacy of your Blood-moving GXZYT. So I'd try the two together and see what happens.

All the best,

Steve
by bannink
January 10, 2010
Deirdre,

The nutraceutical you might be remembering is Saw Palmetto. Steve has talked about it before for help with urethral spasms and stranguria with BPH and prostate tumors as well as blocked cats. It doesn't have antineoplastic properties like the formulas he mentioned above but can be helpful for symptomatic treatment while we are trying to shrink the tumor. I have found it a useful adjunct for those symptoms. Natural Path has a tincture formulation that works well.

Erin
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply