Question Details
Emotional Loss
by cprather - January 19, 2010
Good morning Steve,
I examined a 9 yr old cat yesterday whose owner passed away almost 1 year ago. Spooky was then adopted by the previous owner's daughter. Since adoption Spooky vocalizes loudly at all times of the day. He is only alone for maybe 3 hours per day at the most. Physical exam: Spooky is overweight, has mild dental issues, otherwise is very healthy.Hearing and vision appear wnl. Bloodwork all wnl. Blood pressure wnl. Tongue - pink,moist, tooth marks. Pulses-rapid, possible thready (I'm not good at pulses yet) The owners have tried Rescue Remedy and another homeopathic remedy "Release" from another vet with no results. I'm not sure where to go with him. His tongue tells me we have damp condition (spleen Qi deficiency?) but the emotional loss must tie in here, I'm just not sure how.
Thanks for the help.

Colleen
Replies
by naturevet
January 19, 2010
Hi Colleen,

For emotional loss, homeopathic Ignatia iamara 30C given once daily is an option.

I agree there is Damp, and we might also wonder if the crying represents restlessness (due to Heart Fire?). There may be cognitive issues, but also Heat. With so many 'maybes', I'd try Ban Xia Bai Zhu Tian Ma Tang. Besides being for seizures, it covers the above bases nicely. It's the first thing I'd try. That and a diet change if the cat even partially responds.

Steve
by cprather
January 20, 2010
Thanks for the help Steve. I'll try the chinese formula. I still get very confused with some of these patients. Can't wait until I get a better handle on it all!
Colleen
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply