Question Details
Hoxsey Questions
by lucretia.greear - January 20, 2010
I'm not sure if you saw my other post - it may have gotten buried.

150 lb dog with advanced OSA. Started on Hoxsey at 7 ml 2x/d on Sat. By Tues, client reported size of tumor on distal radius had increased in circumference by a half inch.

Do you think this is related to the Hoxsey? If so, is this a normal reaction? Should we adjust the dosage?

Thanks for your help!
Replies
by naturevet
January 21, 2010
Hi Lucretia,

We haven't seen Hoxsey aggravate tumors and cause them to grow. Usually if that happens, it's easily traceable to some exertion on the animal's part, resulting in inflammation and tumor growth. So I'd continue for now.

One thing we've found helpful to promote ossification of the tumor is the application of topical DMSO. You can clip over the lesion, then apply it daily, or even twice a day, mixing in tincture or vitamin AD into the DMSO to provide more direct delivery to the tumor.

Hopefully that will help control things for you.

Steve
by bannink
January 25, 2010
Lucretia,

I also have never seen Hoxsey aggravate a tumor and, being an oncologist, I see A LOT of OSA and use a lot of Hoxsey for these. I would be more concerned that, as Steve said, you have another cause that is leading to the increase in size or that you just have typical aggressive OSA behavior.

In cases like this where there is rapid growth or a lot of pain or heat I always wonder about using something like Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin. Any thoughts on that idea Steve?

Erin
by naturevet
January 26, 2010
I think it's a fine idea, but then most of Erin's are....

Steve
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply