Question Details
CHRONIC RECURRENT E.COLI UTI
by JULIE SCHELL - January 21, 2010
Hello!
I've been treating a Damp Heat 4 year old spayed Bernese Mtn Dog for chronic recurrent e.coli infections of her bladder. She also has chronic renal insufficiency (azotemic and poorly concentrated USGs of 1.020). Ultrasound and x-rays are normal. Her vulva anatomy is normal. Maybe her low USGs due to her kidney disease prevent the body from naturally protecting itself from infections? When on Clavaseptin (amoxil/ clavulanic acid) she has no more E.coli (we always do lots of urine cultures with our urinalysis). I am thinking of starting her on evening doses of clavaseptin for 6 months. (when she was on that for 1.5 months, her uti cam back after discontinuing that). She is also on Si Miao San, cranberry, probiotics, Liu Jun Zi Tang, prescription diet k/d dry food with home cooked vegetables and meats, and fennel mixed into her food. Clinically she is totally normal- feels young and active since starting her herbs (less Damp and Hot). Her urine pH is 6. Just this darned recurrent e.coli UTI. Geesh! Shall I keep her on the current herbs and go for the 6 months of once daily clavaseptin? Maybe I should add in a Kidney Tonic like Rehmannia 8 to see if I can get her kidneys working better to improve her USG? Thank you very much! Julie
Replies
by naturevet
January 21, 2010
Hi Julie,

Any information on pulse, tongue and response to acupuncture points?

Steve
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply