Question Details
Fibrosarcoma Cat
by Michelle1 - January 27, 2010
Hi Steve,
Saw an 8 year old cat today with a FSA dx on biopsy over a year ago on her R MT, has grown now to encirle nearly the whole foot. She is slightly thin, eats well, has been on dry and canned food- switching her to canned food only, grain-free. What formula might work best in this cat? I was wondering about CHSWT or Hoxsey? Owner has been giving her Essiac for the past 8 months.
Thanks for your input!
Michelle
Replies
by naturevet
January 28, 2010
Hi Michelle,

If the cat has been handling Essiac well, it may also handle Hoxsey well, too.

If the mass is not that inflamed, however, I'd wonder if the best approach might be to roll in a formula for Blood stasis. Sometimes slow growing tumors respond better to those. Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin would be my favorite and first thought for a tumor located so distally. It has some anti-inflammatory activity as well, to support the action of formulas like Essiac and Hoxsey.

Hope that helps you out.

Steve
by Michelle1
January 28, 2010
Thank-you!
by Michelle1
February 15, 2010
Thanks, Steve!
Just got a biopsy on another cat with a fibrosarcoma in hte caudal flank, so not on an extremity. This patient has thin, soft haircoat, overweight adn timid. XFZYT? other?
Thank-you..
Michelle
by naturevet
February 16, 2010
Hi Michelle,

Was the mass purulent inside like a vaccine sarcoma? If so, XFHMY might be a good choice. Otherwise, you can try XFZYT to start with. Watch for Damp symptoms - if they occur, re-evaluate the animal as the next formula will be obvious by then. If they don't occur, then we can see what the XFZYT will accomplish.

S
by Michelle1
February 17, 2010
This mass was very firm and opaque white all the way through. No vaccines for 4-5 years.
Sounds like I would use the XFZYT. Would you pack this wound with it as well? Not healing well after surgery despite good borders.
Michelle
by naturevet
February 18, 2010
Sure. Use the same formula. That's a perfect indication of deficient peripheral circulation, indicating the formula will likely aid.

S
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply