Question Details
TCC In A Dog
by sswinamer - November 3, 2014    View Case Report
Transitional Cell Carcinoma And Possible Hepatic Involvement: Badger is a 10 year old Scottish Terrier that I have been treating for inflammatory bowel disease for 2 years with Four Marvels Powder. She was doing great. Recently she started having some urinary issues and after a work up we located a small presumed TCC in her bladder that is not in a great location for resection. Her ultrasound also revealed changes in her liver that are indicative of nodular hyperplasia or possible hepatic metastasis ( I think its unlikely that they are mets) Her bloodwork is unremarkable with the exception of an elevated ALKP at 562 ( 5-161). I am looking for some advice on formula modification and/or addition for this case.
Replies
by naturevet
November 6, 2014
Lately we've been combining Shao Fu Zhu Yu Tang with Xiao Chai Hu Tang, and having good results in both humans and animals. You wouldn't need to stop the SMS to begin with. Just add them in and see if the urinary symptoms change. When we dose aggressively, we've seen small tumors begin to respond in just a few days

Steve
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply