Question Details
Metastatic Mast Cell In A Cat
by yacchat - September 14, 2016    View Case Report
Finch is an 10yr. old male with mast cell high mitotic rate , mets to inguinal l.n.. Spleen , mass and nodes removed . currently on pepcid and prednisolone . any thoughts ? thanks
Replies
by bannink
September 20, 2016
Hi Rick,

Are you able to give us any TCM evaluation for this patient? It's challenging to recommend a specific treatment without more information (tongue and pulse, is the patient hot or cold, excess or deficient?). Are there CBC abnormalities? Is the cat eating well? Diarrhea? Any other symptoms? I've not treated a cat specifically for this condition with herbs, but we should be able to determine an appropriate formula with a little more information.

Thanks,
Erin
by yacchat
October 11, 2016
Finch has a slightly dull tongue color with strong , thin pulse . now has a moderate anemia 25% HCT somewhat reduced energy level . considering XUE FU ZHU YU TANG ?
by naturevet
October 12, 2016
Hi Rick,

Mod XFZYT is defintely a consideration, especially given the anemia.

If the pulses respond to GB points, then Minor Bupleurum should be used in addition

For internal abdominal tumors, we often think of Ge Xia Zhu Yu Tang. Especially if there is abdominal pain, it's a worthwhile consideration

All can be used together if necessary, provided the cat tolerates them

The strong pulse makes me think XCHT and GXZYT might be the best options here, even though the bone marrow stimulating effect won't be as strong. You can use XCHT versions with Turmeric added, like Kan's Open the Canals of the Liver, if you like

Hope that helps,

Steve
by yacchat
October 13, 2016
Sorry, XCHT ?
by naturevet
October 13, 2016
I think so, with either XFZYT if that speaks to you, or GXZYT. There is a synergy in using Minor Bupleurum (a powerful anti-cancer formula) with Blood movers (also anti-cancer)

S
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply