Question Details
Mast Cell Tumor In A Dog
by Kiwivet - November 20, 2014    View Case Report
HI Steve,

Hx below. How long can I keep this pet on such a high dose of the herbal. I only was brave enough to try it after you spoke of using high doses short term for a case you presented at the AHVMA. Probably only been on the high dose for 7 days now. or should I consider changing or adding another formula? Thank you for your input! Kim

Grade II MCT removed Left caudal shoulder area. Oct. 2013; Started on Neoplasene after removal. Pet is also on Soloxine and Tramadol (for OA pain), May 2014 1/4 inch MCT tumor behind right ear appeared. Txt'd topically with neoplasene a couple of times but it came back. Aug 2014 Chain of MCT popped up cranial to L shoulder and was surgically debulked. Neoplasene dose increased to highest recommended level. New tumors appeared one month post op. Added Xue Fu Zhu Yu Tang on Nov. 1 worked up to 3 Tablespoons BID one week ago. . Tumor size is unchanged. No new tumors.Clinically dog feels great and is eating great. She is a big personality, happy, strong, pulses are normal (not pronounced one way or the other). Tongue is pink, no coating.
Replies
by naturevet
November 21, 2014
Hi Kim,

Theoretically there is no upper limit if the formula is a good match for the patient. If you don't see loose stools in this patient, then you're fine to continue for many more weeks at this dosage.

You can also apply the formula topically, or use Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin topically if the tumor is ulcerated at all. You can mix it in DMSO gel to help carry it into the tumor. Modified versions of Xue Fu Zhu Yu Tang containing San Leng and E Zhu have added anti-cancer effects. Xiao Chai Hu Tang has an enabling effect on the anti-cancer effects of Blood moving formulas like XFZYT, too. So there are some options that can be integrated that can lessen the dose of XFZYT itself.
by Kiwivet
November 21, 2014
Thank you, Steve!

If we decide to integrate in another formula, is it best to mix them together or give at separate times? Client can only manage something that is given twice a day.

Thanks
Kim
by naturevet
November 21, 2014
I give at the same time, but I don't mix them, in case I change my mind later

S
Reply to this question.
You must be logged in to reply